Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Chocolate Muffin


This is horribly chocolatey awesome!


chocolate muffin
I like muffins. I like to try all kinds of muffins. I like muffins more than cakes for it texture is moist and denser than cake. I love that. Chocolate is my favourite flavour for anything! And I think it is the same for the 2/3rd of world population too. And I found this delicious muffin recipe from Allrecipes....as always, it is the first place I go for recipes if I wanna try to bake something or cook something. I like collaboration-style site and review-bility for anything, cooking, education, any how-to sites...because you can try to do something that you have no idea at all on how to do it and the luxury of reading reviews of people who have tried it, whether it works or not, what are the options and changes you can make to get a better outcome, what's new to try out and what flavour you dislike that you can leave out and what the difference will it make........plenty of information prior of your project!

well anyway, I didn't plan to babble a lot on this one so here it is:


and this is my tweaked recipe:

  • 2 cups wholemeal flour
  • 1/4 cups ground almond
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup dark unsweetened baking cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • a pinch of salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/8 cup milk powder
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup raisin

The method is taken from Allrecipes :D In case you didn't click it, here, I copy-pasted it for you.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. 
In another bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream, water, milk, oil and vanilla. 
Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. 
Fold in chocolate chips. 
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. 
Bake at 160 degrees C for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.





No comments:

Post a Comment