Friday, June 15, 2012

The Clone of a Cinnabon - A Cinnamon Roll recipe that works!

cinnamon roll

As per title, the recipe was called that, the clone of a cinnabon. Those who are not familiar, it is one of those brands in shopping malls, selling cinnamon rolls. I'm gonna let out a secret. I've never ever tasted Cinnabon the cinnamon roll...until today. Yes, never ever...Do you believe me? It's true!

Yeah yeah, I'm a 'kedekut'..cheapskate I guess :P Or at that time when I passed by the stall I was broke or just don't wanna spend for that because I think I can make it and I can make it better. hahahahah! Well ok, perhaps I can't make better rolls on my own but with the help of people contributing great recipes on the internet - YES I CAN!

And you can too!

This was my first time making cinnamon roll and it was successful....except for the cream cheese icing hehehehe...as you can see in the picture, the butter and cream cheese were separated thus giving me runny yellow liquid on my rolls...but well, I think the taste of the rolls is compensated the failure of the icing.

Cinnamon roll with frosting

ah well, soon I will post another attempt of mine to make cinnamon rolls in a much faster way. Yes, this clone of a cinnabon took me almost 4 hours before I could taste it...but I have tried another one that took just 90 minutes....but you have to wait :D

BEFORE COOK:

Uncooked cinnamon roll

THE COOK ROLLS:

Hot from the oven...

RECIPE LINK:
*I added some raisins and almonds before the rolling, just after sprinkling the brown sugar and cinnamon.

*From my observation or rather just my opinion based on my family, Malaysian generally couldn't stand the too-sweet-icings-cakes-and-cookies from the American recipes. I almost always reduce quite a lot of sugar originally called for in American recipes to suit my taste and my family's taste. You may reduce them or not, suiting your liking. 

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment